Free to garden – at last!
Since the age of four, I have suffered from hay-fever. I believe that grass pollen is the main culprit of my allergy. Every year, from late May to early September my eyes swell, my nose runs and my throat burns. I can only describe it as having a hive of wasps in my head, stinging and buzzing. A severe attack can really knock the stuffing out of me and even force me to bed for a couple of hours!
As an obsessive gardener, having hay-fever has always been an unfortunate irony; I can only spend short periods of time in the garden before the onset of an attack. I have tried everything; tablets, nasal sprays, all with limited success.
Hay-fever Reliever – Red light therapy for allergies
This year, I have opted for something completely different – red light therapy. An electronic, entirely safe and chemical-free solution to relieve the symptoms of hay-fever and other allergies such as allergic rhinitis. I purchased the Hay-fever Reliever (also known as the Allergy Reliever) from my local Lloyds Pharmacy. It claims to be an ‘innovative and effective treatment’, so I thought I’d give it a go.
I was very sceptical at first, but after a few days of use, the symptoms of my allergy started to subside. Now, I can honestly say for the first time in my life, that I have had a summer free from hay-fever. I am amazed!
The Hay-fever Reliever works by effectively ‘anaesthetising’ the cells in the nasal passages that stimulate the release of histamine, the body’s natural chemical that causes the effects of an allergic reaction.
This product also claims that long-term use will result in a desensitisation to the causes of an allergy. Only time will tell if it lives up to that claim. But, I can only say that I’m glad I bought one…money well spent. It has saved me a fortune in not having to purchase expensive and potentially harmful anti-histamine tablets this year! A summer free from hay-fever!
You can buy a Hay-Fever/Allergy Reliever from here.